[Vision2020] Sunil and His Defense of Terrorists and Convicted Child Molesters

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 16 10:18:39 PDT 2006

Donovan,

You typed on your Cheetos-dusted keyboard,

'Here is just a few  emails sent out on Vision, I think the first one is the
clearest as to  what Sunil thinks of our country, and terrorists as being
the victims:'

First things first:  Shouldn't you have said 'Here are' since you were
offering plural examples?

Second, do you know anything about the content of that post?  Do you know
anything about the subject being discussed?  Of course not.  I sent that
post out because Phil Nisbet blamed Islamic jihadists for the slaughter in
East Timor.

It is my understanding that militias supported by the Indonesian government
were responsible for the slaughter.  We have supported that government, and
certainly did when they were slaughtering the East Timorese in the 1970s.
If I am incorrect, please correct me, using facts, not slurs.  I will
certainly support the former.

I stand behind each and every post you cite.  If I am wrong on anything,
please explain why.  If you think my stand is irrational I hope you'll
explain yourself.

You say of me, 'But he defends those that committed the  action from being
treated they way should. It is not an allegation,  because it is not a crime
to defend terrorists and child molesters  rights, I just think a waste of
time when the disabled, elderly, and  poor are being trampled on.'

I defend my clients to the extent permitted by THE LAW AS IT EXISTS.  I
don't limit my defense of my clients to the law as Donovan or another
prolific poster think it should exist.  That would be malpractice.

And let's make something else clear, since you and J Ford and Tony either
don't know or understand it:  I regularly defend those who have been
victimized by molestation.  I try to take that into consideration in shaping
my defense.  I am not ignorant as to the effects, nor callous to them.  I
see it every week.  I don't need you to tell be about their pain; I talk to
them myself.

Sunil