[WSBAPT] Lender not accepting Lack of Probate Aff

Jim Doran jim at doranlegal.com
Thu Jul 20 10:14:47 PDT 2017

This lender not accepting "Lack of probate Affidavit" has come up a few
times.  I have often wondered about the effectiveness of such an
Affidavit.  I may be "old school" on this but isn't the chain of title much
more solid with a Personal Representative Deed though probate?  And, if
timing matters, there is no requirement for the Notice to Creditors and the
four month waiting period.

In my "old school" opinion, I think title companies like the Lack of
Probate Affidavit so they are willing to guarantee on that.  But the best
practice is the PR Deed.

Jim Doran

James R. Doran
Attorney at Law