[Vision2020] N.S.A. Foils Much Internet Encryption

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 6 06:23:16 PDT 2013

Scott,

You've suggested before that you weren't very concerned about the NSA revelations because we have constitutional protections that would prevent illegally obtained evidence from being used against us. (Yes, I'm paraphrasing, but I believe that was the gist of your position. Please correct as necessary.) Anyway, I'm wondering if you saw this story when it came out last month:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/08/us-dea-irs-idUSBRE9761AZ20130808

The DEA has lied in cases and created a false story about how it obtained evidence, hiding how they actually, illegally obtained information.

How are we to depend on our constitutional protections if the government does this?

Sunil