[Vision2020] Question, V-Peeps . . .

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 24 22:31:42 PDT 2012

In part, Paul wrote:

"For example, a few years ago people on this list were suggesting that we
boycott any business run by Christ Church members because of some conflict
people on this list had with Doug."

What a selective memory you have, Paul!!!  Actually, what started the whole
boycott thing was Christ Church members boycotting local businesses with
which they disagreed.  That went on for years before there was any
discussion of personal conscientious spending decisions by some as opposed
to the organized boycotts by Christ Church.  And, that history was rehashed
for you - you participated in it - so you're not ignorant of the background.

Funny that you only remember - and repeat - part of the story that fits into
your stereotyping while ignoring the cause.  Why is that, Paul?

And, you dislike the "Intolerista" thing.  Take it up with Christ Church
since they are the ones who decided to make up the word & apply it to any
who challenged them.  And, they are the ones who still apply the label to
anyone who disagrees with them.  They sell lectures about it and write
articles about it and preach about it and talk about it at their silly
conferences here and elsewhere and their supporters have it all over their
blogs.  It's a regular part of their vocabulary used as a pejorative to
describe people who challenge their deep-seated desire for and stealth
attempts at theocracy, pure and simple.

Finally, I'm weary of repeating it, but we'll give it yet another try for
you simply because it offends me that you continue to not be honest.  The
objection to Christ Church isn't that they choose to worship & believe a
theological distortion with which we disagree - there are more than a couple
of local churches that fit into that category.

Rather, it's that they advocate for a theocracy in which the law will force
all of us to behave in the ways they want and punish those who don't and
deny opportunities to others.  They want the benefits of being considered a
church without following the rules required for the benefits they demand and
abuse.  "Live & let live" isn't something they accept.  They relish being
divisive and waging a culture war against those of us who don't share their
beliefs.  They are intolerant.

It really is that simple, Paul, and I truly don't understand why you refuse
to accept that's the case for many/the majority of us who have been labeled
"Intoleristas" by the Kirk.  Further, it's offensive that you continue to
reject explanations contrary your preferred stereotyping that you've been
given time and time again and instead repeatedly trot out the trite attacks
you know aren't honest.  It's like you refuse to listen to those you attack
because it's doesn't fit into the picture you want to have.  IOW, you have a
real bias against those of us who aren't interested in a theocracy, truly
believe in and are willing to fight for our constitutional guarantee of
freedom of - and from - religion.

If you consider that a "sh*tstorm," so be it.

Saundra

Moscow, ID

nothing.

~ Edmund Burke