[Vision2020] My Column / Megaloads & Hippies

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 10:46:03 PDT 2011

On 6/8/11, Paul Rumelhart <godshatter at yahoo.com> wrote:

"On the other hand, I haven't seen anyone here address his main point,
i.e. that the highways are public and the need for a special permit
because of large load size shouldn't be used as an excuse to
discriminate against businesses that some people disagree with."

But in this thread issues regarding the local impacts of the
mega-loads, that relate to the concerns of some regarding whether or
not permits should be granted, were addressed, that were not focused
on "discriminating" against any specific business for reasons other
than the local impacts, as you can read in full at this website:

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2011-June/076835.html

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Tue Jun 7 12:54:24 PDT 2011