[Vision2020] Fw: Mr. Paul’s Discredited Campaign

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Fri Dec 30 11:52:20 PST 2011

I agree that Obama is part of the establishment, and as president has been a real disappointment for many reasons.

However, electing Paul would be like trying to put out a fire by pouring gasoline on it.  Increased, ultra-destructive national divisiveness is only one of the problems he would create, let alone more selfishness, me-orientation, and simplistic thinking -- where selflessness, sacrifice, open-mindedness, and willingness to address complexity are what is needed in my opinion.

He is a false libertarian opposing reproductive rights, equal rights for several groups, etc.  Another "Give us the freedoms I think you should have, but not the ones you think you should have if they are conflict with mine ideas."

Further, his understanding of things economic and global issues/threats seem Neanderthal.

I cannot suggest an alternative, but using your metaphor, electing Paul would be galloping at a lathered pace towards destruction rather than blindly hobbling there.

w.