[Vision2020] No Guts, Misquotes, & Mark Driscoll

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 23 10:32:21 PDT 2011

Sorry, Paul, but when tax exempt properties are being used for money-making
Christian sexinars, that changes the equation, don’t you think?
Particularly,  it seems to me, when those involved in the sexinar consider
their peculiar flavor of Christianity to be the moral authority for the rest
of us & use their religion as a reason to restrict the liberties of the rest
of us.

Remember, too, that it was the Nazarene Church that allowed the church to be
used for a candidate specific prayerfest on Election Day in May, 2010.  At
the time, I was willing to accept the explanation that the church had been
misled by Bouma’s campaign manager.  Now?  Not so much.

I didn’t follow the story too much, but I seem to recall that someone was
complaining about how the rental fees for the 1912 Building is damaging the
private sector.  Unless the whiners are nothing more than rank hypocrites,
they need to be complaining about churches like the Nazarene Church that
rent out space undercutting their profits as well.

Further, IMO, all taxpayers should be mad as heck that our tax dollars are
subsidizing money-making Christian sexinars by the likes of Wilson &
Driscoll at a time when they are all for gutting the safety net for the
disabled, elderly, and economically challenged men, women, and children in
this country, not to mention the destruction of public education.

But, that’s just me – someone who cares about everyone regardless of their
religion and someone who doesn’t think of non-Christians as devil spawn and
gays of deserving death, etc.

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

nothing.