[Vision2020] 'Obama Tags' Called a Joke

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 08:51:24 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 7:17 AM, g. crabtree <jampot at roadrunner.com> wrote:

>  Truth be told, I don't much care about "vague threats" one way or the
> other. I believe in the first amendment protection of free speech even if
> it's distasteful or inflammatory to some. I don't believe that for one group
> it's "the highest form of patriotism" and for another it's "hate speech."
> Stupid and ill-considered remarks are an equal right not a "two wrongs don't
> make a right" as one of our more deranged posters has suggested.

There we go. That's more like what I was looking for. I had another
question: do I really seem like a Code Pink puppeteer to you? Do I really
seem like I think that's a good idea?

> I am going to have to take your word for the beliefs of "AR-15 toting
> dude"  and friends. As you probably know, I disagree with most of what you
> claim they profess. That said, I don't think that exercising a protected
> right qualifies as a vague threat. Arizona, along with Idaho are open carry
> states and as such what AR15td was doing was completely legal. If that makes
> someone "uncomfortable" or scared that is their right as well. Americans are
> entitled to their feelings. I find your attitude in this regard strange
> however. This (Idaho) being a concealed carry state as well as open, the
> number of firearms that surround you on a daily basis is rather large.
> Every major group you are among contains dozens of lethal pieces of
> hardware. Do you find this debilitating?

Absolutely not. Guns don't bug me.

It's not the guy at Wendys eating a cheeseburger and carrying a pistol that
bothers me. It's the guy with an assault rifle and a sign about watering the
tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants. He's walking around
with a sign expressing the need to kill some people and a weapon expressly
designed for same. On top of that, he seems to think that carrying a gun is
worth the risk of having some twitchy Secret Service dude constantly aiming
a gun at him, and getting shot if it even vaguely looks like he's going to
discharge it. I'm a little sketchy, then, about his sense of
self-preservation, and, consequently, his sense of me-preservation.

Though I'm obviously of ultra-manly constitution, I think it's merely good
common sense not to make any loud noises around a man with a loaded gun and
poor judgment. I suspect that's part of his deal: his mere presence ensures
good behavior, insofar as he defines "good behavior" as no loud liberals.

-- ACS