[Vision2020] ID Public Records Law: UI

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Wed Oct 7 12:59:29 PDT 2009

Saundra, et al,

Aside from the issue of health insurance costs, which is very important to most all of us, the other very troubling issue here  is the failure of UI to obey the public records laws.  Those laws were made so that citizens could intelligently and informationally understand, comment upon, and influence our so-called government by and of the people.

I have found educational institutions to be very arrogant about releasing information, especially information that might place them in less than a bright, charming light.  [This is even more true of almost all non-government institutions.]

Perhaps the UI is taking lessons from Walter Steed, who spent City of Moscow money trying to avoid turning over public records, then deleted most of them before turning a few over.

Hiding information to which the public is legally entitled is a sure sign that something(s) illegal, unethical and/or very stupid has occurred.

This is a lesson that Moscow voters need to relearn before the coming elections.  It is also a sign that the governor needs to clean house at the State Board of Education which allows the UI to continually fart in the faces of taxpayers and other members of the public where public records requests are concerned.

Art Deco

Wayne A. Fox
1009 Karen Lane
PO Box 9421