[Vision2020] ID Public Records Law: UI

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl.fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 6 22:24:38 PDT 2009

Ron, do you happen to know what retiree & dependent health insurance rates
are now, and if so, do you care to share?

While the rates & coverage details were publicly available until the last
couple of years, it's now apparently Top Secret.

And, I'm not sure retiree health care is a significant budgetary expense any
longer.  I have a HBT (Health Benefits Trust) FY2009 Overall Financial
Profile prepared by the UI ending June 30, 2009, and the numbers are . . .
interesting.  Employer Contribution is listed as $37,897.08; Employee (or
retiree, presumably) Contribution is $2,664,358.28 for Total Contributions
of $2,702,255.36.

Total Expenses (that includes EAP, medical, psychological, dental, and AON
insurance) were $2,165,360.70.  That total is clearly less than the money
collected from retirees, yes?

Of course, I'm just an ignorant crackpot who surely doesn't understand the
intricacies of things like this, so I'm sure there must be some explanation
that just looking at the numbers fails to tell.  I'd be happy to learn the
explanation, but since the info is apparently Top Secret, and since UI
counsel apparently feels it's appropriate to blatantly ignore Public Records
Requests, I'm left in the dark.

I'll also add that State employees and their dependents are eligible for
health insurance, although I don't know how those rates  or plan details
which I have compare to those of UI retirees since the UI details seem to be
Top Secret info for the UI in recent years.

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

nothing.

~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2009 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****