[Vision2020] love letters or a desperate cry for attention?

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Fri May 1 17:43:58 PDT 2009

"No Weatherman believed what he wanted about Obama, and marshaled
evidence to support his belief, when any reasonable person -- any,
reasonable, intellectually honest person -- operates on the opposite
principle."

Intellectually honest? That's funny. You can have absolutely no idea how NW came by his beliefs. For all you know he could have been OBL's former next door neighbor or ex-girlfriend. He might have been one of the multitude of down-trodden relatives that periodically pop up. He might have lived in Chicago and seen first hand and close up what mistake the man would be as chief executive. He might also have been a person with strong conservative convictions and a burning desire for smaller government. To make a statement such as yours is to display a bias at least as great as the one displayed by NW if not greater.

Regardless of how the anonymous poster came by their convictions they were clearly making an all out, everything but the kitchen sink effort to sway any undecided potential voter, not an unreasonable thing to do during an election cycle on a forum where political discussion frequently occurs. He/she may have gone slightly overboard on one or two occasions but, all in all, I thought that the info was timely, the place appropriate, and the time spot on. You certainly can't say that spirited discussion was not sparked and that is, after all, sort of the point of sites such as this no matter how much a certain element would prefer a monolithic liberal echo chamber.