[Vision2020] love letters or a desperate cry for attention?

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Fri May 1 19:03:52 PDT 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 17:43, g. crabtree <jampot at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> Intellectually honest? That's funny. You can have absolutely no idea how NW
> came by his beliefs. For all you know he could have been OBL's former next
> door neighbor or ex-girlfriend. He might have been one of the multitude of
> down-trodden relatives that periodically pop up. He might have lived in
> Chicago and seen first hand and close up what mistake the man would be as
> chief executive. He might also have been a person with strong conservative
> convictions and a burning desire for smaller government. To make a statement
> such as yours is to display a bias at least as great as the one displayed by
> NW if not greater.

Sorry, but I consider your objection disingenuous.  NW was garrulous
enough that had he fit into any of the categories that you suggest, he
would have trumpeted it to the heavens, and not only because it would
have bolstered his argument.  Convincing argument supported by insider
status == increased likelihood of swaying undecided voters, and NW
wasn't so stupid as to be unaware of this.  Of course he was a person
with strong convictions, but that doesn't excuse his uncritical
barrage of specious information.

Spirited discussion is overrated.  Give me thoughtful, precise,
non-diarrhetic discussion over "spirited" discussion any day, please.

With NW, we we an engaged in chicken-or-the-egg dialogue, or what I
like to call chicanery (hideous pun intended).  NW distrusted Obama,
and he distrusted Obama because of hysterical accusations made against
Obama online, which he believed because he distrusted Obama.

I dislike monolithic echo chambers, liberal or otherwise.  I've been
on Vision2020 for years, and I've seen scant evidence of real
discussion ever occurring, at least not for periods exceeding a few
consecutive messages.  This isn't a problem restricted to Vision2020.
I regularly read freerepublic.com, worldnetdaily.com,
drudgereport.com, huffingtonpost.com and dailykos.com.  Sadly, I get
flecked with the same drool at all of those places.

Chas