[Vision2020] Rent Prices Was: Sen Schroeder

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Feb 20 05:43:28 PST 2009

I have lived in a 2-bedroom apartment about a block and a half away from
campus ever since the Great Flood of '96 when I moved out of Park Village
Apartments (soon after the flood became known as "Park Village Lake Front
Estates").  My rent is below $500 per month for this 2-bedroom apartment.

Courtesy of Donovan Arnold at:

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2009-January/060694.html

The rent might be $1,200 for . . .

-------------

"A good structure, I think, for a low income housing unit would be one
that is all one level, on level ground. No Stairs, they should have big
kitchens, living rooms, with wide door ways. The bathrooms should be big
enough to park a wheel chair next to the toilet and dismount, and be able
to shut the door for privacy with a wheel chair or walker next to the
toilet. The tubs and showers should allow a place to sit for a shower
without getting water on the floor. The house should be easy to clean. All
the bedrooms should also be equal size, so roomates don't argue over who
gets what room.

There should be a busline that runs to downtown, the malls, Wal-Mart,
recreation centers/parks, and the library."

And this is what Donovan Arnold considers the standard for low-income
housing.

What?  No valet parking?!?!?

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"For a lapsed Lutheran born-again Buddhist pan-Humanist Universalist
Unitarian Wiccan Agnostic like myself there's really no reason ever to go
to work."

- Roy Zimmerman