[Vision2020] Rent Prices Was: Sen Schroeder

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 20:01:22 PST 2009

Feb 20 - $475 / 1br - 413 Asbury #2 - (Moscow)

Feb 20 - $545 / 2br - 613 Taylor #1 - (Moscow)

Feb 20 - $500 / 2br - 530 W. C Street- Great Deal!! - (Moscow)
Chas, have you seen these apartments? I have. Google Earth them at least and take a look see. No covered parking, the buildings are old, on gravel roads, and very tiny. No garage, no dishwashers, no central air conditioning, and the walls are paper thin, you can hear everything on the other side. Some the windows are cracked. No screens on the doors. They are more like hotel rooms than anything else.

The Apartment on C Street is a little better though.

"Large 2 Bedroom Apt. W/S/G Paid, No Pets, No Smoking. Air
Conditioning, Dishwasher. 3 minute walk to U of I campus. 12 Month
Lease - month to month after. $550.00 Per Month"

Not bad, if true. No address though, so I don't know the conditions there.

"unfurnished apartment, the main floor of an older home in quiet
residential neighborhood near East City Park. Gas Heat, hardwood
floors, very large yard with garden space, washer dryer hookups,
plenty of windows, off street parking and use of a small garage.
$555./mo"

Tiny, old, no modern day appliances. No air conditioning. And still pricey.
but I like the neighborhood.

"Spacious 2 bedroom 2 bath
apartment,stove,refridge,dishwasher,microwave,washer and dryer,covered
parking.no smoking or pets. $600.00"

That is good apartment, but $600 is steep for a person taking home $1000 a month.

"$390 Huge one bed, one bath apartment."
Saw it. Wouldn't consider it. I couldn't live possibly live there.

I said it was $1200 a month for an average home, not apartment, Chas.

Lets look at your findings:
Feb 20 - $750 / 2br - 228 N. Asbury - (Moscow)

Feb 20 - $695 / 3br - 206 Hayes (lower)- Quiet, Residential Living!! - (Moscow)

Feb 20 - $795 / 2br - 1215 Mountain View #102- Beautiful Condo! - (Moscow)
Feb 18 - $755 / 2br - 2 Bed with large fenced in yard (Pets allowed)
Avail. May 16 - (Moscow, ID)

 Feb 13 - $775 / 3br - Very Nice 3br/2ba Apartment (1050 square feet)
- (Moscow, ID)

Feb 12 - $640 / 2br - SPACIOUS 2 BED 2 BATH APARTMENT IN GREAT
LOCATION - (705 N. Jefferson)

These aren't houses, Chas. They are apartments.

Only house you listed was:

"Feb 18 - $950 / 4br - Older home 41/2BR 11/2BA - (Public Ave, Moscow)"

With WSG paid by tenant, that house is over $1100 a month.

"I also phoned Hill Rental Properties and was told that, as a
percentage, very few of their rental properties were more than $900.00
monthly.  Do you need further convincing?"

Well Chas, that is probably because this company rents apartments to students, not homes.

I don't see one house listed on their website.

http://www.hillapartments.com/Rental_Guide.htm

Again, I think it is obvious, that Moscow doesn't have modern affordable
housing units. Which would be a 650+ Sq Ft. apartment with modern applicants
for under $550 a month. Nor can you find a modern house 3B/2Bath 1100 Sq ft. house,
for under $1100 a month. Most the modern houses are over $1200 and most the modern decent
apartments are over $600. Both unaffordable for the single person or married couple with a kid.

Best Regards,

Donovan

 Feb 20 - $475 / 1br - 413 Asbury #2 - (Moscow)

Feb 20 - $545 / 2br - 613 Taylor #1 - (Moscow)

Feb 20 - $500 / 2br - 530 W. C Street- Great Deal!! - (Moscow)

>From Palouseads.com:

 Large 2 Bedroom Apt. W/S/G Paid, No Pets, No Smoking. Air
Conditioning, Dishwasher. 3 minute walk to U of I campus. 12 Month
Lease - month to month after. $550.00 Per Month

unfurnished apartment, the main floor of an older home in quiet
residential neighborhood near East City Park. Gas Heat, hardwood
floors, very large yard with garden space, washer dryer hookups,
plenty of windows, off street parking and use of a small garage.
$555./mo

Spacious 2 bedroom 2 bath
apartment,stove,refridge,dishwasher,microwave,washer and dryer,covered
parking.no smoking or pets. $600.00

Spacious 2 bedroom 2 bath
apartment,stove,refridge,dishwasher,microwave,washer and dryer,covered
parking.no smoking or pets. $600.00

$390 Huge one bed, one bath apartment	Moscow
One bedroom, one bath apartment. I need someone to take over my lease
which ends on May 31. The apartment is in a quiet neighborhood with a
great view and is right next to campus (literally right across the
street)

You originally stated "rent is $1200 a month in Moscow."  Here are
exceptions going for half (and less than half) of that.

Why not just admit that you are wrong when it is obvious that you are?
 It really isn't that hard to do

There are also these, also all under $1200:

>From Craigslist:

 Feb 20 - $750 / 2br - 228 N. Asbury - (Moscow)

Feb 20 - $695 / 3br - 206 Hayes (lower)- Quiet, Residential Living!! - (Moscow)

Feb 20 - $795 / 2br - 1215 Mountain View #102- Beautiful Condo! - (Moscow)

 Feb 18 - $950 / 4br - Older home 41/2BR 11/2BA - (Public Ave, Moscow)

Feb 18 - $755 / 2br - 2 Bed with large fenced in yard (Pets allowed)
Avail. May 16 - (Moscow, ID)

 Feb 13 - $775 / 3br - Very Nice 3br/2ba Apartment (1050 square feet)
- (Moscow, ID)

Feb 12 - $640 / 2br - SPACIOUS 2 BED 2 BATH APARTMENT IN GREAT
LOCATION - (705 N. Jefferson)

I also phoned Hill Rental Properties and was told that, as a
percentage, very few of their rental properties were more than $900.00
monthly.  Do you need further convincing?

Chas