[Vision2020] Rent Prices Was: Sen Schroeder

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 19:20:56 PST 2009

Where does studio come into this?  I haven't used the word "studio"
once in this thread.

As for my lack of intelligence -- which you somehow feel qualified to
ascertain based on my failure to intuit the non-literal nature of your
"$1200 a month in Moscow" claim -- I have this defense: many quite
modest apartments across the US cost more than $1200 monthly.  Over
twenty years ago, I paid $800 monthly for a humble apartment in
Sacramento.  On craigslist, I today find 127 apartments in Sacramento
starting at $1200 a month.  Yes, I know that Moscow isn't Sacramento.
However, it wasn't unreasonable of me to read your statement as
claiming that apartments cost in $1200.  Note that the inclusion of
apartments doesn't exclude homes: I interpreted your post as referring
to both, and rather politely disagreed that $1200 a month applied to
all rentals.

In retrospect, I see that a few of my neurons may have been misfiring,
but no actual stupidity was required.