[Vision2020] Make-Believe Maverick

No Weatherman no.weatherman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 13:34:13 PDT 2008

Paul,

However much I may be a HUGE questioner of Barrack Hussein Obama and
his unknown background, I am NOT a supporter of John McCain, as anyone
can see by reading my posts. I am a contrarian. I'm like the wind in
Vision 20/20's echo chamber that makes you think twice before you
relieve yourself facing the wrong direction.

But since you asked, I have a few observations.

1.	The first thing I noticed is that Rolling Stone is hardly a
credible source on presidential candidates when you consider the fact
that eight years ago they air-brushed a boner on Al Gore to enhance
his package for their cover:

http://i.rollingstone.com/assets/rs/11/3861/images/83426_lg.jpg

Yes, that would be an ad hominem argument if I used the word
"therefore," but since I did not use it the statement stands on its
own as a legitimate observation, at least according to the resident
logic instructor in this forum:
http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2008-October/057044.html

2.	The second thing I noticed is that the author used the name "John
Sidney McCain III" four times in his story. IOW, Rolling Stone
Magazine didn't get the message that "It's no longer the case that in
the vernacular, we use candidate's middle names. . .":
http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2008-September/056685.html

3.	The third thing I noticed was that the writer found 15 different
people to say negative things about Senator John McCain which
shouldn't surprise anyone because Washington begets enemies —
especially political enemies. To illustrate the point, however,
consider how many people on this list have said negative things about
me in less than two weeks — what? seven, eight, nine folks in a
two-week period and some of you have written some extremely hateful
remarks. But RS could only find 15 people to vilify John McCain after
his extensive career in DC. I'd say he's doing pretty good.

4.	The fourth thing I noticed was that the story was largely a
narrative that was completely unsupported by any sources whatsoever.
Consider the following example:

"McCain's admittance to Annapolis was preordained by his bloodline.
But martial discipline did not seem to have much of an impact on his
character. By his own account, McCain was a lazy, incurious student;
he squeaked by only by prevailing upon his buddies to help him cram
for exams. He continued to get sauced and treat girls badly. Before
meeting a girlfriend's parents for the first time, McCain got so
shitfaced that he literally crashed through the screen door when he
showed up in his white midshipman's uniform."

No source is identified for this storyline and the majority of the
story reads just like this.

5.	The fifth thing I noticed was the author's objectivity. He really
impressed me with his inability to find one mitigating circumstance,
one kind construction, one favorable witness, or one good thing to say
about Sen. John McCain.

6.	The sixth thing I noticed is that John McCain, who is 72 years old,
has written only one memoir (at least that this story referenced)
whereas Barrack Hussein Obama, who is 47 years old, has already
written two. One man has served his country for his entire adult life,
the other is a former community organizer who has a couple of years in
DC under his belt.

7.	Finally, the last thing I noticed is that if RS could fabricate
this much dirt on John McCain, using only 15 sources to confirm
absolutely none of the narrative, can you imagine what they would
discover if they started asking the hard questions about Barrack
Hussein Obama's long-standing personal and professional relationship
with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers? Now THAT would be juicy!