[Vision2020] Say What? Everyone Deserves Death

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 14:47:04 PDT 2008

Ralph,

  "If people knew that there is no life after death, only life before death, they would live their lives more realistically."

  Tell us how you know for fact that there is no life after death? Curious, how someone could possibly know that?

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 23:19:30 PDT 2008

Ted,

"The wages of sin is death" (Rom. 6:23). This is a basic belief of
Christianity, not cults, as you profess. Without that belief Jesus's
sacrifice would have been pointless. Everyone one of use acts or sins
against God. And because of that, we all deserve death. Jesus died
for our sins so we do not have to suffer our deserved punishment.

[snip] Best Regards,

Donovan

Ted Moffett wrote:
Donovan Arnold, or whoever, wrote:

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2008-May/053886.html

I think everyone deserves death Joe. As everyone is a sinner. But
only through the grace of God and the sacrifice of Jesus do we live.
--------------
This statement represents the kind of thinking that makes
religious cults dangerous, no matter what religion is supporting this
extremism.
--------------
RALPH NIELSEN
You have a good point there, Ted. If people knew that there is no
life after death, only life before death, they would live their lives
more realistically.

And if the religionists would read the Bible more carefully, they
would know that there is no life after death. The Hebrew Bible (O.T.
in Xian propaganda) had it right. An ancient writer explained it this
way. He had the God Yahweh (the LORD) tell the first man, "By the
sweat of your face you shall eat bread until you return to the
ground, for out of it you were taken; you are dust, and to dust you
shall return" (Genesis 3:19).

This straightforward statement about human mortality was taken out of
context by Xians and twisted into a sorry tale about human depravity
in the theological theory of Original Sin. They perverted the ancient
Adam and Eve story into a sick yarn about hereditary punishment for
all of their descendants for all time.

Death is a fact of life for all beings. Neither humans nor any other
animals are destined to live forever. The ancient Hebrews knew this too.

"Then the LORD God said, "See the man has become like one of us,
knowing good and evil; and now, he might reach out his hand and take
also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"---therefore
the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the
ground from which he was taken. He drove out the man; and at the east
of the garden of Eden he paced the cherubim, and a sword flaming and
turning to guard the way to the tree of life (Genesis 3:22-24).

The ancient Hebrew writer is simply explaining why we don't live
forever. We are not being punished for anybody's sin; we most
certainly do not "deserve death," as Xian sickos love to proclaim. We
are products of the planet earth; we are made of dust and to dust we
shall return.

So be it.