[Vision2020] Say What? Everyone Deserves Death.

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 23:19:30 PDT 2008

Ted,

  "The wages of sin. is death" (Rom. 6:23). This is a basic belief of Christianity, not cults, as you profess. Without that belief Jesus's sacrifice would have been pointless. Everyone one of use acts or sins against God. And because of that, we all deserve death. Jesus died for our sins so we do not have to suffer our deserved punishment.

  Where you are confused, is you think it gives people a license to kill and discriminate against others. It doesn't. That is a false conclusion you and others arrive at that don't understand Christianity because you choose not to listen to what is being said.

  On your other point of attacking my posts as being unproductive, I do not think you are in the strongest position to lay the ground work of this attack on me. I have not seen ANY of your posts changing or invoking any productivity in Moscow or anywhere else.

  Your posts are usually about five pages of complaints about the environment. I have never seen you work on any social issues, change legislation, campaign for anyone, or even run a recycle can drive. Your words are hollow, backed by no legislation, no originality, and no progressive movement, just noise.

  Finally, I am disappointed by your action of posting private emails on the V. I think that undermines trust and the nature in which people post emails.

  Best Regards,

Donovan

Ted Moffett <starbliss at gmail.com> wrote:
    Donovan Arnold, or whoever, wrote:

  http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2008-May/053886.html

  I think everyone deserves death Joe. As everyone is a sinner.  But only through the grace of God and the sacrifice of Jesus do we live.
--------------
  This statement represents the kind of thinking that makes religious cults dangerous, no matter what religion is supporting this extremism.
  --------------
  Paul wrote:

  http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2008-May/053844.html

  I just figure that it doesn't matter much if Donovan is one person, a
committee, multiple personalities, a hive mind, a front for a
corporation, a demon host, an AI, or a couple of local church members.
If he says something idiotic, it's still idiotic and if he makes a good
point it's still a good point.
  Paul, your approach to "Donovan's" posts apparently is tolerant of those who antagonize and provoke, while perhaps hiding who they are on Vision2020.  It does matter if Vision2020 participants are misrepresenting who they are, or allow others to hijack their identity.  It creates a climate on the list that does not encourage honest forthright participation by sincere players, and undermines fact and logic based discussion, when the bogus (or even real)  identity distorts what people assert, on a routine basis, changes their point of view, seemingly at random, deliberately to create confusion, it appears, and indulges in juvenile personal attacks, wasting posting space with this nonsense.  Those posting under Donovan's name, or even if Donovan is the author of all this confusion, represents an effort to obfuscate honest debate and dialog, to poison Vision2020, in my opinion.

  Those who misrepresent who they are on Vision2020, or let their e-mail account be hijacked by others, should be ignored, in most cases, even if they make a good point.

  Below is an "Off List" e-mail on this subject that I reconsidered regarding posting it to the list: