[Vision2020] God's problem

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 15:49:18 PST 2008

Ralph et. al.

Thanks for your Biblical (note the capitalization; I recall you taking me to
task for once writing "bible" on Vision2020) scholarship.

Perhaps a few who believe the ultimate purpose of life is not to live in
peace on Earth, with respect for all living beings, sustainably, but rather
to secure a place in "heaven," apart from the natural support systems of our
biosphere on Earth, will consider your comments.  However, there are many
powerful reasons so many believe fervently in an eternal afterlife
transcending the death of the body, not subject to the vicissitudes of
natural variables on our little planet.  Death is conquered, and loved ones
gone will be seen again.  Injustice will be eventually righted.  And a
person's existence is guaranteed a place in the "eternal."  It is amazing to
observe the power these ideas have over human behavior.  How many have
"willingly" sacrificed their life in the firm belief in an eternal and
righteous afterlife?

Who among those who fervently believe in an afterlife for the personal soul
are open to the validity of the idea of a final personal biological death?

Ted Moffett