[Vision2020] Hawkins Water & Sewer Agreement

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 16:06:03 PST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Ted Moffett <starbliss at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you are following the posts on Vision2020 regarding the
> water/sewer/responders deal between the City of Moscow and Hawkins, you will
> find some of the most involved, intelligent and informed citizens in the
> community do not believe there has been "ample opportunity for discussion
> for everyone who had anything viable to say."  I believe this statement in
> quotes is simply false.

I have been following the discussion with some attention, but not full
attention.  Still, even paying only half attention, I have witnessed
the same questions posed repeatedly, and the same answers given each
time.  If there are new questions that need to be asked (I can't think
of any), then please, somebody, ask them.  I'm not talking about
picayune matters that some people seem to delight in dragging out
because of apparent sadomasochistic tendencies (i.e., the need to
prolong or provoke strife).

Dan Carscallen provided an answer that suited me; your mileage may
vary.  It is linked here:

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2008-February/051809.html

Our representatives did what we pay them to do, after reaching a point
at which litigation would have been inevitable. They chose mediation
as a final, hopeful recourse.  Mediation necessarily involves
compromise.  Maybe they compromised too much, or maybe they
compromised beyond their remit.  I wasn't there, so I have no informed
opinion.  Neither do most of those making the loudest noises on
Vision2020.

Chas