[Vision2020] Dodging Important Questions

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Thu Aug 21 05:23:02 PDT 2008

Do I think there's some climate change going on?  Maybe

If it is, do I think it's "anthropogenic"?  Less likely that, more
likely the sort of climate change that has been going on 'round the
planet for the last 4 or 5 billion years.

Do I think people should do their part to "prevent" climate change?  I
don't think we'll "prevent" anything.  Change will happen.  But, I've
got nothing against people doing their part for conservation, nor do I
have anything against exploring alternative energy sources.  I don't
think T. Boone Pickens is entirely altruistic in his campaign.  There
are bucks to be made in his plan, and I think he'll make a few of 'em.

Do I trust weather alerts?  To an extent.  Remember, we're talking
"weather" and not "climate".  I have an idea that the NOAA bunch has a
better idea about what's going to happen in the next couple hours than
they do for the next week or month, not to mention the next 10, 20, 100
years.  I've also spent a lot of time looking at radar maps just so I
know what we'll have to deal with in my job at the Highway District.

DC