[Vision2020] Why Go After Leftists?

Ed ecooper at turbonet.com
Thu May 11 22:15:53 PDT 2006

Sunil,

I caught that....

Bush is indeed a leftist-although, he has fooled a few by calling himself a "compassionate conservative."  Left-wing politicians are associated with predictable positions on a host of issues (see vision/venom 2020).. here's a few unorganized examples.

He's a social leftist if there ever existed one. He endorses virtually every social program imaginable. Regrettably, he endorses multiculturalism, not tradition. Further, he stands idle while individual rights are being supplanted by group rights-even participates. His social liberalism is apparent on many issues. The list of issues on which he is socially left is endless, and I'll not include here for fear of upsetting the masses, especially Ellen.

He's a leftist fiscally as well. Just check the record deficits. Although, he has had some things happen during his presidency that qualify as excuses, he could be far more conservative in this area.

He's a cultural leftist as his views on homosexuality, abortion, drugs, and education reveal. Okay, I'll admit, he's possibly a centrist or progressive in these areas.

And, he's a big government boy-a well-known left-wing attribute.

The list could go on indefinitely. However, I believe that there exist very few true conservatives; so, in today's terms, he could be described as a neocon.

We obviously could have done worse for a president. I think his heart is in the right place and has no ulterior motives. Although, sometimes Pollyanna and overly quixotic, his intentions are noble-in my estimation.

Therefore, from a paleocon/traditionalist/nationalist's perspective, he is a leftist; but, by today's benchmark, perhaps he's not.

--Ed