[Vision2020] Immigration Solution

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu May 11 11:46:42 PDT 2006

>From the "Letters to the Editor" section of today's (May 11, 2006) submitted
by Gordon Johnson.

"We must take steps to force the illegals out in the open so we can deal
with them, but sending them all back would create such a hole in our economy
that it is unproductive."

Yep.  That's going to happen.  I can almost hear the employers of
undocumented migrant workers as they address the INS:

Sir, management here at Use Em 'n Lose Em Inc. suddenly realizes that we
have been employing undocumented migrant workers (remnants of our old
foreign relations program).  To make amends for this oversight our Executive
VP for Human Resources would like to establish an appointment so as to
initiate proper documentation.  Advise us as to the time and place, and our
Director of Deployment will report promptly with our 350-man foreign labor
force comfortably arranged in the back of his trailer.

Immigration solution

Dick Sherwin, letter April 27, has a point, but not all of our
representatives have been lazy on the subject of illegal immigration. Duncan
Hunter, for example, has fought for years to find some way to halt the daily
flow coming across our borders. His warnings and pleas for help have fallen
on so many deaf ears that progress was impossible.

Now that the damage has been done, they are beginning to listen to him. And
now that the damage has been done we need to take a new look at how to
handle it.

We must take steps to force the illegals out in the open so we can deal with
them, but sending them all back would create such a hole in our economy that
it is unproductive.

We need to force employers to make illegals come forward to be able to work
and then go pretty much by the Republican plan for solution so that these
illegals pay their taxes like every one else instead of working under the
table, and pay their fine for illegal crossing.

If they don't wish to do that there is no job and they will be forced to go
home. Personally I think we should unload our prisons by sending many of the
lesser criminals back to Mexico, and if they return it's a major felony.

They say some people would rather be in jail here than live in Mexico.
That's not true. I lived in Mexico for several years and it's not bad at all
if you mind the law. ...

Gordon Johnson
Moscow

Just another indication of yet another flaw in the Intelligent Design
concept.

Seeya round town, amigos.

"If I wanted to overhear every tedious scrap of brain static rattling around
in your head, I'd read your blog."

- Bill Maher