[Vision2020] ISP emphasis patrol this weekend

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 27 22:47:40 PDT 2006

Sunil,

Yeah, you're right that it's smarter to pull over.  It just irks me that
I have worry about these maniacs out there on the road.  I just can't
help thinking about the forces involved and what even a smallish car can
do to you at supposedly "safe" highway speeds.  It probably comes from
riding motorcycles for years, I guess.  You're unarmored, and you're
apparently invisible to anyone in a car.  Though this would never work
for insurance purposes, I wish that people would learn what it's like to
get in a wreck at even slow speeds when they take driver's ed.  Maybe
they'd treat it less like a video game and more like the potentially
deadly activity that it really is.

Anyway, I'm glad they are trying to curb some of these behaviors.

Paul