[Vision2020] Celebrate freedom, kick a flag--burner's ass!

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Mon Aug 21 06:20:30 PDT 2006

Mr. Rumelhart brings up an interesting point when he says,"Freedom of Speech is not a piecemeal concept.  It has to be all or nothing.  The minute you start limiting it, it's usefulness in all areas goes right out the door.  Look at "hate speech".  This concept is becoming broader by the second in our PC society." It would seem that the folks who would be the first to defend someone's right to burn our flag would loudly howl if a disparaging term was used by someone to express an "unapproved" opinion with regard to minorities, women, homosexuals, food animals, or what have you. These  "patriots" are  mighty quick to celebrate diversity and dissent as long as its the right kind. Gore their ox and their much yapped about tolerance flies out the window.

gc