[Vision2020] Celebrate freedom, kick a flag--burner's ass!

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Aug 21 06:50:03 PDT 2006

gc -

You are talking apples and oranges.

I, as well as a vast majority of V2020 subscribers, believe in every
person's right to make a statement even if we disagree with the content of
that statement.

If "a disparaging term was used by someone to express an 'unapproved'
opinion with regard to minorities, women, homosexuals, food animals, or what
have you", the complaint against such an individual would NOT be against
that person's right to make a statement, but a disagreement with the content
of that person's statement.

For example:  If you were to purchase a certain product and I stated that I
do not care much for the product you purchased, I am not arguing that you do
not have a right to purchase products, merely that I do not care for that
particular product.

Do you understand now?

"Implicit in the term 'national defense' is the notion of defending those
values and ideas which set this Nation apart. . . . It would indeed be
ironic if, in the name of national defense, we would sanction the subversion
of . . . those liberties . . . which makes the defense of the Nation
worthwhile."

- Chief Justice Earl Warren (1967)

  _____