[Spam] RE: [Vision2020] Playfield

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 12:14:20 PDT 2006

"There should be some sort of compromise here. Put in the lights.  Lights are a safety issue also.They do not have to be on all the time.  I doubt the the observatory would require no lights every night or that  the playfield would need them every night. Work out a schedule that  accommodates both."--Roger Falen

 I agree Roger. The baseball  team can use the lights everyday from 7 AM to 7PM and the Observatory  can have them off from 7PM to 7AM.--This would be fair.

 Of  course, when you have people waiting years to use the observatory and  millions of dollars in outside funding riding on it, it might take a  while before the lights can come on at night. And also keep in mind  that an image in space can take days to develop and lights turned on  can ruin that image.

 Here is an idea. How about putting the  park that needs lights somewhere else other than the only place in the  city where we cannot have lights on. Just a thought.

  _DJA

lfalen <lfalen at turbonet.com> wrote:There  should be some sort of compromise here. Put in the lights. Lights are a  safety issue also.They do not have to be on all the time. I doubt the  the observatory would require no lights every night or that the  playfield would need them every night. Work out a schedule that  accommodates both.

Roger