[Vision2020] Learning to read - a First Grade skill

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 03:48:27 PDT 2005

Ms. Huskey,

Are you attempting to win points again with straw man
arguments, red herrings, and character attacks? It
appears so.

FACT: Nate Wilson said the total event costs would be
a multitude of $6,000. Notice the lack of the work
"rent", your word and L’s, not his.

FACT: Saundra called him a liar for this statement.

FACT: The statement made by Nate Wilson has been
proved true by the documentation Mr. Hansen provided
about the event.

CONCLUSION: Saundra Lund needs to apologize for this
accusation that Nate Wilson lied about the "total cost
of the event" because he did not.

Everything else you wrote was a red herring to detract
from this truth.

Next, in a childish condescending voice, you spout:

“You tell us, Donovan, why a four day rental (and
don't confuse the issue with such difficult additional
problems as set up and break  down) doesn't  come out
to $8,000?  No answer, Donovan?”

Gladly, the $2000 a day is a total ESTIMATE. This
estimate includes the cost of labor for set-up on the
first day of the event and break down of the event on
the last day. This is listed on page one (1) section
two (2) of the contract. Verify at:

http://www.tomandrodna.com/TF2K5/Documents/Contract%20110304.pdf

CC will only be paying for the set up of the chairs
and tables and break down ONCE, not every day.
Therefore, they do not pay the same rate for
additional days on the event, they pay a lesser rate.
This labor of set up and break down is what drives the
cost of the rental.  UI is not going to charge an
organization for the labor of setup it did not
provide. Is this clear, or do I need to explain even
further? Please let me know.

Finally, you wrote:

“Here is the only real question of interest, why the
donation?   The Idaho constitution appears to forbid
the use of state money for sectarian  events. Don't
believe me, Donovan?  Try this link out:
http://www.idsos.state.id.us/elect/stcon/articl09.htm”

Rose, as already explained, Article IX Section 5 of
the Idaho State Constitution does not prohibit the
donation of services or equipment, just land, money,
and personal property. It clearly states, “nor shall
any grant or donation of land, money or other personal
property ever be made by the state,”.

This means the state cannot give any church a
building, write a check to them for no services
rendered, or donate land.

Your interpretation means that the UI violated the law
by giving the Muslim Student Association, Campus
Crusade for Christ, and about a dozen other student
religious organizations donated use of UI rooms,
equipment, and furnishings, which it does almost
everyday of the school year.

Are you suggesting that the UI stop donating the use
of rooms, chairs, audio and visual equipment, bulletin
boards and use of copy machine for advertising,
employees to set up arrangements, and access to
computers to religious student organizations? Or are
you saying that just the religious groups you approve
of should have access to state owned property? Should
I notify the Muslim Student Organization and other
Student groups through the ASUI Activities and Events
Coordinators of your intentions? If the UI donates
equipment and services to other religious
organizations it certainly can also do so for Christ
Church as well, and not to would be practicing
discrimination.

Donovan J Arnold

PS. If you change your mind about pursuing donated use
of UI property to relgious organizations let me know,
and I will tell religious student leaders you are
going to lay off them. Otherwise, I will send them an
email of your stated intentions to block UI from
donating use of state property to religious groups
based on Article IX section 5 of the Idaho State
Constitution.

_http://www.tomandrodna.com/TF2K5/Documents/Financial_Estimate_052604_1.pdf_

_http://www.tomandrodna.com/images/Estimated_Program_Budget_110304_01.jpg_

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2005-March/015168.html