[Vision2020] Trinity Festivus

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 22 20:14:13 PST 2005

Visionaries:

Behold!  Yet another miracle right here on the Palouse:  young "professor"
Wilson has at long last emerged from lurkdom with his sense of humor
somewhat intact but not nearly as clever or funny as in days past, I'm sad
to note.  Welcome back, Nate, although I suggest you study the _Serrated
Edge_ a bit more.  On second thought, nah -- your sense of humor has
suffered enough already.

Nate, I'm sincerely disappointed at your disingenuous attempt to shroud
(sorry, you made that too easy to pass up) the facts.  Surely you know what
a fact is!  Do you really think us so dull that we can't see through your
silly word games?  Or, perhaps you think yourself so "genius" that you can
pull the wool over our eyes.  Nice try, Nate, but no cigar:  I've spotted
the wolf in sheep's clothing in this discussion and it's *you*.

Even though it wasn't you who signed the contract, as one "currently
involved in planning the Festival," surely you've read the contract, have
you not?  Indeed, I'd imagine you read through it pretty meticulously before
giving the go-ahead to sign -- please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Why, then, are you trying to lie about the facts and hide the truth?  The
contract clearly states that the Kibbie Dome rental fee is $6300:

"2.  MEETING FACILITIES
Kibbie Dome:
The estimated cost for rental of the Kibbie Dome is as follows:
	Facility Rental:		$3000
	Set-up/Load-In:		$1500
	Breakdown:		$1000
	Maintenance/Custodian	$ 800
	___________________________
	TOTAL			$6300"

That $6300 rents you the Dome for four days (from 8 AM on 8/7 to 8 PM on
8/10) and includes "all lights, access to restrooms, electricity for lights
and power, public address system and water."

Of *course* your Trinity Festival is going to cost more than just the Dome
rental because you are making your Festival a production :-)  As you should
be well aware, the facility rental -- the sole topic of my post -- is
separate from other services provided by say . . . Events Services,
University Dining Services, ITS Video Services, administrative service fees,
liability insurance, concession stands, printing, security, etc.

In fact, as a little hint, I've a question or two about some of those costs
as well, but I'm still doing my homework.

Hence, I'm still sticking to the topic of my original question:  based on
Donovan's experience that renting the Dome used to cost $10,000, why has the
cost decreased so much?

And, since *you* brought it up, I'm confused by your reference to
"Credenda/Agenda's Trinity Festival" since the contract is clearly between
the Wilson-Jones Christ Church and the UI.  Indeed, while it's claimed that
Credenda/Agenda is a "ministry" of Christ Church, no where in the contract
do I find mention of Credenda/Agenda at all.  What a pity.

Perhaps you were a little concerned about Credenda/Agenda's credibility
given its role in that stupid little "Topless and Proud" stunt perpetrated
*against* the UI a few years back?  Pretty galling, if you ask me, to use
the UI given your clear disdain (maybe it's jealousy, I can't tell) for
genuine academia.

Or, perhaps you were concerned that nasty cover of several months ago -- you
know, the one with jumper-cable-nipple-clamps -- might be a tad
embarrassing.  It certainly should be:  in many folks' opinion, such things
are X-rated and *certainly* not fit for the cover of a supposedly Christian
magazine.  Y'all got all up in arms over the appearance of normal breasts a
couple of years ago -- no wonder:  the nipple clamps were missing!

Seriously, I find your hubris offensive.  I think ideas such as truth and
honesty are much more valuable and helpful than all this smoke you're trying
to blow, Nate.  In fact, as a Christian, I'm very saddened that you think it
perfectly acceptable to be dishonest, as your post below shows.  The ends
justify the means, huh, Nate, even if it means continuing to deceive our
community.

For shame, for shame, for shame!

Nate, I *do* sincerely miss your refreshing sense of humor from days gone
by.  Is there any hope for you to recover it?

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
Edmund Burke