[Vision2020] Dave Budge Removes Private E-Mail From Web: Thanks!

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sun Feb 6 19:49:49 PST 2005

Dave et. al.

Thanks for removing my private e-mail from your web site.  Well, I assume it
is removed, because it is not where it was, though I did not search your
entire site.

Why did I post to V2020 the fact that you placed my private e-mail without my
consent on your web site?

Someone who has chosen to join a public Internet list serve and takes private
e-mail from another member of said list serve and posts it on their web site
without asking for consent should expect that the list serve in question might
be notified of this activity.  Seems like a sensible warning in case other
private e-mails from other list serve members started being beamed without their
consent all over the web.

I like libertarian politics in many ways.  I do not know very much about what
your exact political views are, from issue to issue.  It is often the case
that people who follow a particular ideology do not consistently apply the
principles they are claiming to follow.  And libertarianism has many variations
that can lead to quite different points of view on specific issues.

I do not know what your intentions are or what sort of person you are.  I
have no clue why you did not ask for permission to put the private e-mail I sent
you on your web site.  My private e-mail in question was not posted on V2020
till after you placed it on your web site, and then only to illustrate what had
happened.  If I was running a web site, it would be absolutely totally uncool
to take a private e-mail and place it on my site without express consent.

It happens often that accidentally someone on the V2020 list sends a private
e-mail to the list, and often apologies are offered for this on V2020.  I have
made this mistake and apologized publicly.  The problem in this case is how
do you remove the private e-mail from the V2020 archives that are stored and
publicly viewable?

That picture of that sign advertising for the illiterate to "Write For Free
Help" was worth the visit to your web site:

http://davebudge.com

Ted Moffett