[Vision2020] Claude Dallas and his ilk

Fiat Lux fiat_lx at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 19:19:09 PST 2005

Poaching is awful, and sadly we have that problem
right here in our own Latah county backyard, much more
than we want to believe.  IDFG does not have nearly
the number of officers needed to be in the field
actively enforcing the laws and catching violators,
and back in the office writing up the reports.  Talk
about frustration.  It's a wonder we have anyone
willing to be a game warden at all.

>From what I've read about Claude Dallas, especially
this article, (http://www.fwoa.org/fwoapress18.html),
he sounds like a sociopath.  Since he is only 54 now,
we can probably  expect him to resume his scofflaw
ways, violating fish and game laws, mistreating
animals and threatening people or even worse.

>From my personal experience with someone with an
eerily  similar character profile, I can assure you
that time served has not cured his mental illness or
purified his soul.  These guys don't get better, as in
rehabilitated, they just get "better" at what they do.
 It may take a while for him to get back in good
practice.  But then again, maybe not.  He's had time
to get his future all planned out.

He was denied parole in 2001, but now is getting out
early for good behavior.  Score one more for the
misunderstood, "self-styled mountain man".  Probably
makes him feel as good as convincing the first jury
that shooting two downed (by him) officers in the head
was self defense.  Later, another jury fed his
delusions when they believed that he had to escape
from prison because the law enforcement officers there
were out to get him too.  That kind of stuff only
emboldens a a guy like Dallas.  I don't know how some
defense attorneys can sleep at night.

Speaking of "cheapening the costs"...Hopefully the
Latah county prosecutor's office hasn't been spread
too thin to successfully prosecute those involved in
the Eric McMillan murder.

I can't abide poachers or murderin' sociopaths.
Fiat Lux