[WSBARP] Recreational Vehicles

Eric Lanza eric at buzzardlaw.com
Thu Mar 16 17:20:22 PDT 2023

Parsons v Mierz, 3 Wn.App.2d 1015 is an unpublished opinion but very useful.

I believe you still proceed under a 59.12 unlawful detainer, but if the unpublished opinion is to be relied upon, the tenancy is NOT subject to RCW 59.18.

So…you can do a 3-day notice for non-payment, or a 20-day notice for no-cause termination of periodic tenancy—they do still exist (!)--because RCW 59.18.650 does not apply, and RCW 59.12.030 does.

If there is no lease agreement, then all you are left with is an ejectment.

Eric J. Lanza, J.D.