[WSBARP] Issues with King County Recording

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Thu Jan 12 11:18:16 PST 2023

Apologies for the duplicate post from RP and PT sides but I am looking for
feedback as it relates to property transfers in King County.

Many of us have had interesting encounters with the King County Recorders
office.  Most recently, I was transferring four pieces of property and
three of the four were accepted and recorded and the fourth rejected. The
Deed and REETAs were identical for everything except the parcel number,
property value and legal description. Grantor, Grantee, reason for transfer
- all the same.

Reason for rejection - the Grantor in Box 1 did not match the Deed exactly.

So it was ok for 3 of them but #4 - that was just unacceptable.  If you
have had a recent story (that you have not shared with me) regarding
frustrations with the Recorder's office, please share. I am compiling these
to be share with the the Director and Executive's office.

Thank you!
Brent

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /