[WSBARP] Advice on Revoking a POA

Dave Culbertson dculbertson at culbertsonlawoffice.com
Mon Sep 12 07:08:30 PDT 2022

Hello, Listmates.

I have an older client I'll be meeting with today. Her problem is that she gave a POA to someone she has begun to mistrust. Most likely she will want to create a new POA, in which we will specifically revoke the prior POA.

My question is about the practical need to prevent the existing POA from being used by the prior person unscrupulously to do harm. I am planning on providing the new POA to all potential dangers we are can identify (namely, banks as well as filing the new POA in the county land records). But how does one address the possibility of the prior person taking the existing POA and going to new businesses, banks, government agencies, etc and transacting unscrupulously in the name of the principal?

Best Regards,

Dave Culbertson

The Law Office of Davisson Culbertson
PO 20403