[WSBARP] Personal Representative Oath Affidavit vs Declaration

Margaret Delp delp at whidbey.net
Tue May 17 10:39:00 PDT 2022

Hello All: Is it permissible to use a an unsworn declaration rather than a sworn affidavit for a Personal Representative’s Oath. I always use a sworn affidavit, as required by RCW 11.28.070 (Personal Representative “must take and subscribe an oath, before some person authorized to administer oaths”). However, does RCW 5.50.030 permit the use of an unsworn declaration, or does the Personal Representative’s Oath fall under one of the exceptions in that section such as an oath of office? I am asking because it would simplify the steps for an older out-of-state personal representative.

Thanks,

Margaret

--

Law Office of Margaret Delp

Mailing Address: PO Box 292, Langley, WA 98260

Physical location: 2815 Howard Rd., Langley, WA, Second Floor

Phone: 360-579-4530

Fax: 360-512-3114

www.delp-law.com