[WSBARP] Repeal of Torrens

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Fri Mar 25 07:14:46 PDT 2022

On 3/24/2022 6:28 PM, John J. Sullivan wrote:
> Glory, glory Allelujah! Mine eyes have seen the glory etc.

I guess my problems have been limited to being concerned there might be a problem, as opposed to the actual problems others here are reporting.

I've never had a seller client with registered land, or done a transaction on property that was registered, but I have had concerns I'd run into one.  As a real estate broker I viewed this sort of like a Co-op, something that didn't exist in enough quantity that I wanted to bother dealing with the first one, which would likely be the last one.  (Or Chapter 12 as a bankruptcy attorney with an office in Seattle.)

I do find it a bit odd that the statewide forms don't seem to deal with the possibility of registered land at all.  Seemingly there would at least need to be different terms as to title insurance.

Kary L. Krismer

John L. Scott, Inc.