[WSBARP] King County E-Script Portal webinar with Q&A

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Wed Jul 13 08:49:09 PDT 2022

Greetings List Members

First, apologies for the overlap for those who get this message more than
one.

Second, I serve on the Board of Governors representing the 8th CD (until
October 1, when I assume a new 3-year term for the At-Large position) and
when I see posts involving the legal system - I feel compelled to act.

About a week ago, there was a thoughtful post relating to the irritation
felt associated with the new KC-Script portal that has replaced ECR. I felt
that post in my soul and had already lodged my own "comment" about the
site, specifically the requirement to pay for each transaction (and
subsequent transaction fee) rather than have a pre-paid account.

I have been advised by the King County Clerk's office that our comments are
not falling on deaf ears.  There is a webinar THIS FRIDAY the 15th that
will discuss the changes that have occurred and the changes that are
planned to make it more user friendly.

Here is the link to the Clerk's alert on their website:
https://kingcounty.gov/~/media/courts/Clerk/docs/Alerts/22-024.ashx?la=en

The session is from 11:30 - 1:00 with the Q&A session.

I cannot promise to solve the worlds problems or even solve these problems
- but I do take these comments to mean that more information is needed for
people to come together and work toward making the legal system better.

Please know - if you have any issues pertaining to the Bar, or our courts,
my BOG-related email (as opposed to this one which I use primarily for
work) is brentwr.bog at gmail.com - I may not agree with everything you say or
want - but I am always open to listen and investigate things further.

Happy Wednesday.

Brent

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /