[WSBARP] UD and Arbitration

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 19 13:16:46 PDT 2022

Any guidance is appreciated here.  I need to evict a T for cause but the lease has a mandatory arbitration clause requiring AAA rules.  I have spoken with AAA and reviewed RC 59.18.320-350 and a quick review of Chapter 7.04A.  So how is this usually done?  Do I file for UD first and then move the court to send us off to arbitration, then bring the decision back and move the court to enforce the arbitrator's decision by ordering the Writ of Restitution?  OR, do I force the T into arbitration first and THEN take the arbitrator's decision to the Court to enforce?  I feel uncomfortable with going to arbitration first because it appears to bypass T protections such as a court-appointed attorney, etc.  Many thanks.  (I'm sure that we'd all rather be anywhere else than in the office on this beautiful Friday afternoon.)

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8B3CB.BF7FB3E0]