[WSBARP] HR 1951--Amendment to Seller Disclosure Statement

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Wed Apr 13 20:27:27 PDT 2022

Fortunately the legislation that started this thread lacked legs.

But as to Kaitlyn's and Catherine's point, I wouldn't assume any change
of facts leave a seller protected by Alejandre and Visser. For example,
change the facts to a seller conducted inspection. What's lacking is any
allocation of risk with an inspection contingency, absent maybe a waiver
of inspection clause, but maybe not even then.  That will need to wait
for future cases.

But in reality these decisions are not typically thought out decisions
by sellers and buyers.  They don't know what the law is because their
agents don't tell them and they don't consult an attorney.  The seller
simply thinks they are better off without an inspection and the buyer
thinks they need to waive an inspection to get their offer accepted.
It's a sick world and no one seems to be doing anything about it.  I
would contrast today's situation with all the actions taken by
government and other entities back when short sellers were facing
troubles.  I guess desperate buyers with too much money are not as not
as worthy of protection, even though not all desperate buyers have too
much money.

Kary L. Krismer
206 723-2148