[WSBARP] Estate Tax Avoidance

Marvin Benson marvinbensonlaw at gmail.com
Mon May 10 13:17:05 PDT 2021

Hi Jim

They could give it away as to a charitable remainder trust,  or to an
irrevocable trust.  As far as I know, they can not then be a beneficiary of
the irrevocable trust to keep that out of the taxable estate.

The lifetime gift tax exclusion exceeds the value of their estate.  Their
choices are limited if they are unwilling to give up control or access to
their assets.

Marvin Benson