[WSBARP] "landlord" quits paying for water and power??

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Thu Jun 24 16:46:43 PDT 2021

Well meaning client said “you can stay in this house until we sell it rent free if you clean it up”.
Now occupier has changed the locks and is avoiding cl.
No rent was ever agreed upon and of course no written agreement.
Can owner stop paying utilities, water, power etc. without that act creating a claim ? He can say “if you want water or power you will need to make arrangements, because I am not...”

Is it still the best practice to write a letter (or serve it) saying your rent from now on is $___/ month and use that as the rent for a UD proceedure... whenever the moratorium is over.. assuming that this is controlled by the now “bridged” moratorium.
thanks

Joshua F. Grant

P. O. Box 619
Wilbur, WA 99185