[WSBARP] Easement with no original conveyance of record

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Wed Jan 27 17:11:32 PST 2021

Okay—I think the analysis would be of the recorded real estate contract then. The RE contract can validly create an easement over that third parcel, if the Seller also owned the third parcel at the time of sale of Parcel A. If the Seller didn’t, then obviously not, since no one can grant an easement over property they don’t actually own.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please direct mail and deliveries to the Seattle office.