[WSBARP] UD action; no Show Cause, money judgment?

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Wed Jan 27 16:46:01 PST 2021

My client is plaintiff on commercial property UD action. Lease clearly states for commercial use only.  Defendant was served by 3 day notice to pay or vacate; complaint for Unlawful Detainer, Notice of Military Rights and Eviction Summons.  Defendant did not respond in any way to the complaint by the date set out on the Eviction Summons.  Because of Covid and  we decided to avoid a show cause motion and hearing.  Now we are seeking a default judgment.  Even though the deadline for responding in the eviction summons  was not 20 days after service (it was 16 days after service of complaint as allowed for UD) can a Court order money damages for unpaid rent or is the only relief available getting a Writ of Restitution?
Joshua F. Grant

P. O. Box 619
Wilbur, WA 99185
509 647 5578