[WSBARP] Landlord/tenant - damage to floors / calculating cost

Rachel Bender rachel at bender-law.com
Mon Jun 15 12:32:44 PDT 2020

Hi all,

Just adding something to this thread.

Apparently the landlord listed the townhouse for sale over the weekend, and
you can see in the staging photos on the listing that they haven't fixed
the floors yet. If they sell the house prior to fixing the floors, then
they can't charge the tenants for those repairs, correct? I feel like the
answer is obvious, but I'm not sure what the next steps would be for the
tenant.

*Rachel R. Bender | *Member, Attorney

*Bender Law PLLC*
1001 Fourth Avenue* | *Suite 4400 *|* Seattle, WA 98154
*Reception*: 206.577.7987 *| Direct*: 206.389.1744 *|* *Fax*: 206.693.4365
www.bender-law.com

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email and its attachments are confidential and may be
protected by the attorney/client privilege, work product doctrine, or other
nondisclosure protection. If you believe that it has been sent to you in
error, you may not read, disclose, print, copy, store or disseminate the
email or any attachments or the information in them. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify this attorney immediately by
replying to this email.