[WSBARP] 14-day notice and late fees

Timothy Lehr timothy at stileslaw.com
Fri Jan 3 16:14:11 PST 2020

All,

>From my reading of the new RLLT Act provisions, a 14-day notice to pay or
vacate can only include late "rent" payments, which may include reoccurring
periodic payments such as utilities. PC added late fees on the face of his
notice. Even though those are "reoccurring" in the event of nonpayment of
rent, my understanding is late fees are categorically excluded and cannot be
added to the 14 day notice. Am I correct?

Additionally, assuming late payments cannot be included on the notice, can
you ask for them in the unlawful detainer complaint or can those now only be
sought after in a small claims action?

Thanks and have a great weekend,

Tim

Timothy C. Lehr

Attorney at Law

Stiles Law Inc., P.S.

p:   360.855.0131

e:   timothy at stileslaw.com <mailto:timothy at stileslaw.com>

w:  www.stileslaw.com <http://www.stileslaw.com>

NOTICE: The information contained in this email is proprietary and/or
confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of
this communication, you are hereby notified to : (i) delete the email and
all copies; (ii) not disclose, distribute or use the email in any manner;
(iii) notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

---
https://www.avg.com