[WSBARP] Retail Tenants and Commercial Frustration

Kaitlyn Jackson kaitlyn at dimensionlaw.com
Thu Apr 23 15:09:21 PDT 2020

What about student housing where the school has closed?

Kaitlyn

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 3:06 PM Andrew Hay <andrewhay at washingtonlaw.net>
wrote:

> That will probably be the case quite frequently -- that where there is a
> force majeure clause, it protects the landlord.  Depends on the bargaining
> power of tenant.
>

> Query whether the one-way force majeure clause means the tenant cannot
> prosecute a commercial impracticability claim?
>

> *Andrew Hay*
>
> Hay & Swann PLLC
>
> 201 S. 34th St.
>
> Tacoma, WA 98418
>
> *www.washingtonlaw.net <http://www.washingtonlaw.net/>*
>
> *andrewhay at washingtonlaw.net <andrewhay at washingtonlaw.net>*
>
> 253.272.2400 (w)
>
> 253.377.3085 (c)
>
> THIS IS A CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION AND IS INTENDED FOR THE DESIGNATED
> RECIPIENT ONLY.  IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE
> NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY AND DESTROY ALL COPIES

Thank you,

Kaitlyn R. Jackson | Attorney| DIMENSION LAW GROUP PLLC
130 Andover Park East, Suite 300 | Tukwila, WA 98188
t: *206.973.3500 *| f: *206.577.5090*| e: *kaitlyn at dimensionlaw.com*|
www.dimensionlaw.com

Covid-19 Update - Dimension Law Group remains available to serve our
clients and the public during this time, subject to the orders and
recommendations of government authority.

All attorneys and staff are working remotely regular business hours and are
available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. We
will continue to advise and support our clients throughout this health
emergency.

--
PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL:  This e-mail (including any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may
contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. Attempts to intercept
this message are in violation of 18 USC 2511(1) of the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, which subjects the interceptor to fines,
imprisonment and/or civil damages. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify us by e-mail, facsimile, or telephone;
return the e-mail to us at the e-mail address below; and destroy all paper
and electronic copies. Any settlement offer contained herein is made
pursuant to Washington ER 408, and without admitting fault or liability on
the part of this firm’s client(s) or its agents.  IRS CIRCULAR 230
DISCLAIMER:  To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, I
inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication
(including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and
cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the
Internal Revenue Code; or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or tax-related matter addressed herein.