[WSBARP] Retail Tenants and Commercial Frustration

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Thu Apr 23 15:06:54 PDT 2020

On 4/23/2020 1:00 PM, nestor at pplsweb.com wrote:

> This will probably managed with built-in forbearance clauses for
> either reduced rent during the shutdown, spreading out the payments
> over a specified term and or extending the lease.
>
> Nestor Gorfinkel, Attorney at Law
>
> Licensed in Washington & Florida
>
> Florida Civil-Law (International) Notary

Outside my past or current areas, but how common are leases with a base
rent plus a percentage of sales revenue?   I can see those would raise
other issues, but it would be a way to share the risk in these
situations without having one side being the sole winner and the other
the sole loser.  I guess though you could just have a government
shutdown clause that would provide for a reduced rental amount during
such shutdowns.

Kary L. Krismer