[WSBARP] Percentage rent leases

Roger Moss ram at pacific-ci.com
Thu Apr 23 15:46:44 PDT 2020

Kary, percentage rent leases were once ubiquitous in retail; now they are less common outside of big shopping centers and that is a shame. They were invented by retailers and when done right make things work for both sides, because sales determines value for both the tenant and landlord’s asset in a retail environment.

Asking for sales info is an important way to analyze the problem even if there no percentage rent lease, and is a great way to create solutions when operations re-start. There are industry standards that relate occupancy costs to a retailer’s use which are important tools in fashioning solutions.

Roger A. Moss, Esq.
Pacific Conflict Intervention
206.790.1971 Seattle
415.371.9724 San Francisco
www.pacific-ci.com

Confidentiality Notice: The information in this e-mail (including attachments, if any) is considered confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately by reply email, delete this email, and do not disclose its contents to anyone.