[WSBARP] Extinguishment of easement and effect of security interest

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon Apr 20 10:02:07 PDT 2020

No, I got convinced by someone with a lot of experience in foreclosures, and also noting that the language in RCW 61.24.050(1)<https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=61.24.050> was likely drafted with the common law rules in mind:

...the trustee's deed shall convey all of the right, title, and interest in the real and personal property sold at the trustee's sale which the grantor had or had the power to convey at the time of the execution of the deed of trust, and such as the grantor may have thereafter acquired.

Since it's explicit in the DOT foreclosure statute, I can't imagine that the mortgage foreclosure rule is any weaker in its protection of the secured interest holder.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - Sayre Law Offices remains available to serve our clients and the public during this time, subject to the orders and recommendations of government authority. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we may be of service to you, your family, or your business.

All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone; please call the Seattle office. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis; please call the Seattle office.

MAIL AND DELIVERIES can be received at the Seattle office. For any other needed arrangements, please call the Seattle office.

Be assured that we will continue to advise and support our clients throughout this health emergency.