[WSBARP] Foreclosure of Water District Lien - Serving MERS-Wells Fargo

Jeff Davis jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Wed Apr 15 14:58:02 PDT 2020

Listmates,

I am preparing to foreclose a water district lien under RCW 57.08.081(4).
The initial "pre-sale" title report disclosed a first deed of trust in favor
of a private lender from Utah.  I wrote them hoping to have them pay the
outstanding water bill and add it to the homeowners loan balance.  They
wrote back saying all lender rights were sold to Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.  I
then wrote Wells Fargo a similar demand letter but received no response.

In ordering the litigation guarantee (Ig), I provided the Title Company with
the private lender's response letter.  The lg still reflects only the
private lender and that MERS is the nominee for the Lender and Lender's
Successors and Assign.  First question, do I name the private lender, Wells
Fargo, both, and MERS?  Second, the Secretary of States files show that MERS
is inactive as of 09/25/2009.  I realize there was a large suit over MERS
but thought the matter is resolved.  Is there another MERS entity?  I assume
there is, as the property owner took out the loan in 2011.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Davis

W. Jeff Davis, Esq.

BELL & DAVIS PLLC
P.O. Box 510
Sequim WA 98382
Phone No.:(360) 683.1129
Fax No.: (360) 683.1258
email:  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com> info at bellanddavispllc.com
 <http://www.bellanddavispllc.com/> www.bellanddavispllc.com

confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please e-mail the sender at  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
info at bellanddavispllc.com  or call 360.683.1129